Thought For Today

I am so glad that you have found this site and I hope you will find encouragement and joy as you read through my thoughts on God, family and life.

Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Through God's Eyes





To many times in life we are drawn to the obvious beauty around us. We sometimes miss that what most consider common and unadorned, but upon closer observation we sometimes see what many us overlook, beauty found in the ordinary. I am reminded what the Bible prophecy said about Jesus in the scriptures. Isaiah 53:2. "He grew up before him like a tender shoot, and like a root out of dry ground. He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him, nothing in his appearance that we should desire him." It is in our nature to see Jesus as some Hollywood model star, (as portrayed in drawings, paintings and movies) because this is what we are drawn to, but God says in scripture that he looks at us differently. Even the prophet Samuel when sent by God to the family of Jesse was drawn to David's brothers who were tall and good looking, and by this yardstick Samuel mistakenly wanted to anoint one of them King, that is, until God spoke to Samuel and said this: 1 Samuel 16:7 
" But the Lord said to Samuel, “Don’t be impressed by his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. God does not view things the way men do. People look on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.” How many people do you know that look unadorned and yet have a heart for God that shows through their love, compassion, patience and wisdom? It appears then that in God's eyes, these individuals are the ones who are truly beautiful. I now find myself reassessing my definition of beauty.

My daughter saw the beauty in this dandelion and decided to take this photo.  After looking at it more intently, I began to see what I had missed before, the beauty found through my little 8 year old's eyes.

No comments: