Thought For Today

I am so glad that you have found this site and I hope you will find encouragement and joy as you read through my thoughts on God, family and life.

Monday, November 5, 2018

Giving of Ourselves

Our lives are much like that of the seasons we go through. Each has its own beauty, and challenges as well. In the end, the fruit of our lives shows through in the life we have made for ourselves. I believe though that changes are never too late to make. A kind smile, thoughtful gestures to others that we meet, a timely phone call or email, are all acts of hope to those in need. I have found for myself that it is the hardest to give when I am hurting the most; perhaps though, these are moments when others need you the most. God always hears our prayers and he does answer them; maybe though not as we like, but what is best for us. No act of kindness is unseen by God. Luke 21: 1-4. As Jesus looked up, he saw the rich putting their gifts into the temple treasury. He also saw a poor widow put in two very small copper coins. “Truly I tell you,” he said, “this poor widow has put in more than all the others. All these people gave their gifts out of their wealth; but she out of her poverty put in all she had to live on.”

No comments: