Thought For Today

I am so glad that you have found this site and I hope you will find encouragement and joy as you read through my thoughts on God, family and life.

Sunday, July 29, 2018

I Will Never Leave You


This morning while sitting on my couch I looked over where Anne always sits each day and with difficulty, I pondered why she was not there.  Anne is working on her doctorate and is now doing intensive summer school classes in another city.  For many reading this blog though, it is not temporary, your love is not coming back, ever! It might have been ill health, but for others, it could have been a broken relationship where both hearts are now shattered.  

God speaks to the brokenhearted and he says that he cares so much for you and he will not let you be alone, for he is there with you.  God is touching your soul even now with peace and solace, a balm in Gilead that soothes the soul.  He knows the tears that fall from your cheeks when you are alone.  God touches your broken heart and says to your soul, "I will never leave you, all you have to do is knock at my door and I will sit and listen to you."  


Our loving father reaches across the distance and holds you in your grief and tells you how much  love he has for you and how much he cares for you.  In your spirit you hear the words as he calls you to himself, "Read my words in my book and you will see how much I love you and what I have in store for you!  Draw close to me and I will draw close to you my child.  Take your burdens and give them to me, for I am gentle and meek and I will help you carry them and I will never ever leave you!"

 Matthew 11:29. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.


The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave
you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.  Deutronomy 31:8

No comments: