Thought For Today

I am so glad that you have found this site and I hope you will find encouragement and joy as you read through my thoughts on God, family and life.

Tuesday, July 10, 2018

The Little Things


Do you see the image in the sky?

This morning I literally stumbled out of bed when I noticed the beautiful sunrise outside from our deck. I wanted to capture this magnificent work of God, but while I was trying to hold on to the camera with hands that were not yet responding to my sleepy brain, I tried frantically to keep it from dropping 35 feet below while taking the photos of the sunrise. At that time something fluttered by the corner of my eye and landed on a tree branch. I stopped at that point in looking at the sunrise and tried to focus on what it might be. I then looked over on to the leaves about 10 feet away. "What was it?" Then, I noticed that it was a dragon fly with dew still on its wings. It was drying them in the sunshine that was now approaching us both. 
I realized through this situation that sometimes I focus on the big picture and miss the little things like what was happening before me. I almost missed this beautiful event because I was looking at the "big" picture instead. 
"Father, help me to see the small things that mean so much to you." 
Matthew 10:29-31 
Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? And not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. But even the hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not, therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.

No comments: