Thought For Today

I am so glad that you have found this site and I hope you will find encouragement and joy as you read through my thoughts on God, family and life.

Sunday, December 3, 2017

Lost Coins


God hears our prayers. Abby had been looking for her wallet this afternoon, but to no avail. She looked for a long time to her disappointment. I understood from Anne that she wanted to buy something at the store. Anne later had left Abby with her friends at Target with the message to Abby of possibly window shopping for now until we find her wallet. When getting home Anne began to cry when she told me, "Abby has worked so hard for her money that she saved up and this is so disappointing for her. I just didn't have the money on me to give her what she lost" After seeing Anne heart broke and Abby so disappointed, I was determined more than ever to find her wallet.
As I began to look for Abby's wallet we got a phone call that one of Abby's friends had left her purse on the back seat of our car, so I went down to drop it off. I had some money in my wallet so I gave it to Abby when dropping off her friend's purse. Later, when getting home, I searched the couch cushions, in between car seats, bedrooms and the like, but to no avail. Anne even called Abby's grandma and grandpa to see if Abby had left it in their van. Unfortunately, it was not there either. The money amount was not great, but to Abby it was the world to her. Abby worked many hours for that precious amount in her purse. Later, I found out from Anne that Abby was going to buy Christmas gifts for some of her friends with that money in her wallet. After hearing this I looked over at Anne on the couch and said, "Lets pray about this!" As I bowed my head to pray, I looked down and what was unbelievable appeared before my eyes on the couch cushion, her wallet. God is so good, he knows our needs and he cares for us so very much. 
The Parable of the Lost Sheep
(Matthew 18:10-14)
Now all the tax collectors and sinners were gathering around to listen to Jesus. So the Pharisees and scribes began to grumble: “This man welcomes sinners and eats with them.”
Then Jesus told them this parable: “What man among you, if he has a hundred sheep and loses one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the pasture and go after the one that is lost, until he finds it? And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders, comes home, and calls together his friends and neighbors to tell them, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found my lost sheep!’ In the same way, I tell you that there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous ones who do not need to repent.
The Parable of the Lost Coin
Or what woman who has ten silver coins and loses one of them does not light a lamp, sweep her house, and search carefully until she finds it? And when she finds it, she calls together her friends and neighbors to say, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found my lost coin.’ In the same way, I tell you, there is joy in the presence of God’s angels over one sinner who repents.”

No comments: