Thought For Today

I am so glad that you have found this site and I hope you will find encouragement and joy as you read through my thoughts on God, family and life.

Friday, November 10, 2017

Giving Thanks

1 Thessalonians 5:18
In every thing, give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
I have found it very difficult at times to say to myself that it is God's will when a bad occurrence has just taken place.  
When thinking it through though, I've seen that it is not God who condone's that occurrence, it was done by our broken humanity. 
It is in relinquishing this occurrence into God's hands and giving thanks for hearing our prayers concerning this event.  As well, trusting that he will take care of what follows next, as if our requests were already answered by him.

No comments: