Thought For Today

I am so glad that you have found this site and I hope you will find encouragement and joy as you read through my thoughts on God, family and life.

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Quick Prayers During Times of Desperation

James 1:19 My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry.
I don't know how many times in my life I wished I had heeded these words. During these anxious moments, I have found it hard to become silent, but after speaking my mind, it became obvious later that I should have taken the time to calm myself before speaking. How many of us can identify with this? I now know that during those moments when I have said a quick prayer in times of stress, "Lord, please help me in this." I was not either given a chance to speak (which later allowed for a more helpful response) or a complete calm came over me at that moment of decision. Peace that I cannot claim, came over me.

No comments: