Thought For Today

I am so glad that you have found this site and I hope you will find encouragement and joy as you read through my thoughts on God, family and life.

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Looking Ahead With Hope


How many times have you said to yourself, “I wished I could go back and do it all over again.”  During our lifetime we make many mistakes and some of them seem to knock on the door of our mind quite often.  What is the outcome for this dismal predicament?  

Apostle Paul writes in his letter to the Philippians (3:13-14,) “Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it on my own.  But one thing I do:  forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.”

Christ has forgiven your past sins and he has forgotten them. (Hebrews 8:12)  Paul made a conscious choice to look ahead in his future, with Christ, rather than to look back at his sinful past and be hampered by those sins.  A conscious choice!  You are not facing this decision alone; Jesus is there to help you look ahead to the future he has chosen for you. 

Today, ask Jesus to give you the strength and insight to see his plan for you, a plan that offers you hope and a future filled with Christ’s love.  Jeremiah 29:11 says, “ For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

No comments: